I have GoPro HERO5 Camera. I have faced some issues that battery drainage when not in use. I told this problem to my friend Riya. she gives some tips to rid of this problem. Somehow, I fixed this problem. Here I am going to tell you those tips.
If you don’t use the Wi-Fi, turn off it.
If you don’t use the GPS, turn off it. Go to “Preferences” -> tap “Regional” -> tap “GPS” and turn it off.
If you don’t use the Voice Control, turn off it. Go to “Preferences” -> tap “Voice Control” -> tap “on Camera Voice Control” -> Turn it off.
If you don’t use the Quick Capture, turn off it.
If you are using 720p30, don’t use it. You can use 1080p30. Because 1080p30 uses less battery than 720p30.
1.To turn on the status screen, press the menu button.
2. Press the menu button continuously until “Exit Menu” appears. Press and hold the shutter button for 5 to 8 seconds.
3. To change to “Yes”, press the Menu button. Click the shutter button to choose it.
10. Keep and place your camera in the warm place.
11. Remove the battery from the camera when not using.
12. Use “Auto Power off Setting”:
After using the camera, everyone should power off it. but many of us didn’t do that. So, your battery level will be reduced. Do you want to ignore that? You just use the “Auto Power off Settings”. Go to Settings menu and click the button 10 times until you get the option to select the number of seconds. You can choose 60, 120, or 300 from the list.
You just turn off the Beeping Lights and Red Indicator. It is not a major problem. But it will reduce the battery level.