Traveling and going for a trip has always been a craze for me. There are many people who love to travel like me right? You also may be the one on that list. Trips to hill areas and other regions will be more adventurous when you have the necessary traveling accessories with you.
Mainly traveling becomes more thrilling when you stay in the place which you love. Our wish can be fulfilled by the tents. Yes, seriously tents act as our home during our travels.
So it will be more comfortable when you carry the tent with you but at the same time, it should not be a burden for you. In that case, you can choose a Backpacking tent, which is very lightweight and durable. You can carry this tent in your Backpack easily.
Here I have done some research about the American-made Tents and I am Gonna list out the Best American Made tents. The famous American Branded Tents are Big Agnes, MSR, Clark, Hyperlite, Ketty.
American Made Backpacking Tents:
American-made products are always made with better quality and they create valuable products. The same concept can be applied to Backpacking tents too. They are made of high-quality fabric material. I am gonna list the best Backpacking tents which are made in the USA.
1. ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1-Person Tent ($97.06) – One-Person Tent
Size and Weight: 2’8 * 7’6 and 4 lbs and 1 oz
3 Seasonal use: Winter, Rainstorms, and in hot summer ( Backpacking, Alpine Climbing, Thru Hikes, Packrafting)
- It is very easy to set it up since there is a free stand with aluminum two-pole designs.
- Mainly the cost is perfect which will suit your needs.
- These Backpacking tents are very comfortable for hiking.
- There is only one door available since it is designed for a one-person tent.
- The Half-mesh walls increase ventilation inside the tent.
- It has a UV-resistant Fly which will protect the tent from UV rays.
- Factory seals will give better weather protection.
2. ZPacks Duplex Tent ($649) – Designed for 2 persons
Size and weight: 19.0 oz / 539 g
3 seasonal use: Winter, Rainstorms, and hot summer ( Backpacking, Alpine Climbing, and Thru hikes)
- It can be set up with two trekking poles. If you don’t want to use that, then straight tent poles are available for this setup.
- Duplex is made of fabric that can withstand all kinds of climate and the bathtub is also available.
- Two doors are present in this it is mainly designed for two persons. So that you want to disturb others when you want to go out.
- All Zpacks have two years of warranty which is the main advantage to the users.
- There is more space to store your small accessories like a pen, paper, Specs and so on.
3. Hyperlite Mountain Gear Echo II ($695) – Designed for 1 or 2 persons
Size and weight: 1.81 lbs 29.03 oz / 823 g
3 Seasonal use: Winter, heavy storms, and hot summer ( Backpacking, Bike touring, Packrafting)
- This is made up of lots of protection, so you will not find it to be light.
- It is inserted with the bathtub to keep out of insects and rainwater
- Hyperlite is made of Dyneema Composite Fabrics which withstand all kinds of weather conditions.
- One person can stay or plenty of room which will offer for two-person too.
- It is mainly designed with protection and will offer you a warm feeling in hill regions.
Things to Note before you buy a backpacking tent:
Size and capacity:
The first and foremost thing is the size of the tent. Backpacking Tents are available in different sizes. Starting from One-person tents to Four-person tents. So first decide the size that you prefer. If you are a single person who is going on a trip then choosing a small size will be suitable.
Next comes the volume and capacity of the tent, you must note whether it is a broad-sized tent or narrow sized tent. When the peak height is high you will not feel the cold inside the tent.
The weight of the backpacking tent is more important because when you are a traveler you don’t like it when your backpack bulges with weight and burden. That will spoil the mood of traveling. Mostly backpacking tents are very light to carry. So that won’t create a big problem.
The word strength defines two things here. The material of the tent, and the endurability of the tent. So first choosing a backpacking tent differs from place to place.
And mainly already I have told tent acts as our home during our travel. So that home has to be very strong and durable right? The material of the tent is very important to note. Mostly Fabric made tents will last for years. Make sure to choose the tents made of fabrics with a waterproof facility.
Livability is nothing but the interior design of the tent. The space that you can have inside the tent. Because tent must be comfortable you to sleep, sit, read and other kinds of stuff. So you must note the designs that have been designed for your comfortability.
Seasonality defines the strength of the tent which can undergo different types of seasons. Yes, backpacking tents are designed for 3 seasonal uses. Mainly you have to choose the 3 Seasonal use tents. So that you can use it in all kinds of seasons like spring, winter and in heavy rainstorms too.
If you are going to a hill region then, You must choose a tent which gives warmth inside the tent. And there are tents available which give heat at night time.
The disadvantage of buying a Backpacking Tent instead of a Normal tent
Durability is less
The weight comes first. We have already seen that the backpacking tents are ultralight but on the other hand, Normal tents are heavy with strong materials. So there are a lot more chances that normal tents will endure for years than Backpacking tents
Bulky when it is packed
Since Backpacking tents are packed inside the bag. The bag appears to be bulkier when it is packed.
Difficult to fold
Though this can be easily set up it is very difficult to fold. This is considered to be the main disadvantage in it. So before you buy a backpacking tent you must consider all these things and buy accordingly.
If you don’t have a backpacking tent, Go and buy one. Traveling will become more adventurous and comfortable after you buy the best backpacking tent. Everything is set. Pack your things and start your journey of travel. Adventure is waiting for you.