Parents want their baby to be safe in everything. Likewise, the paint used in furniture is also to be verified for good quality. There are so many paints which are harmful to babies. The furniture should be non-toxic and the paints should not be harmful to the children.
This video link helps to show how some natural earth paints that are not harmful and can be used by kids.
Check the paint does it contains lead. As lead is toxic and it affects brain development. But from 1978 lead is been banned and it is not used in paints.
Less VOC(volatile organic compounds) paints
- Mild smell
- Water based
Farrow and Ball
This paint is Eco-friendly and based on water. This does not cause any harm to the children and it suits for exterior and interior areas. Farrow and Ball come around 132 colors and sourced from FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) suppliers. This can be decorated in nurseries and bedrooms. This is recognition by ISO 14001:2004 environmental management.
- Eco-Friendly Production
- Easy to Clean
- Child safe
- Paper sourcing
- Reducing waste and recycled materials
- This paint and paper have no solvents and emissions.
- As this is based on water, the rollers and brushes can be washed easily.
- Tested and approved by Toy Safety Standard.
- Paints and papers are recyclable. Tins and cans can be used for growing plants.
Sherwin Williams ProClassic (Smooth Enamel Finish For Trim and doors)
This paint is good for the child. It comes with lifetime warranty.
- It contains 37 grams of VOC per liter.
- Non -toxic and easily cleanable.
- Ready to use within 48 hrs and reaches its durability in a month.
- Does not possess any chemicals.
Emerald ( Exceptional Beauty, Washability, and Application)
- Comes with advanced stain blocking technology.
- Beautiful, smooth and stays good for years.
- Water resistance and avoids streaking and spotting.
- Easily washable.
- It has four sheets
Harmony (Interior Acrylic Latex)
Harmony Interior Acrylic Latex paint keeps your room fresh and healthy.
- Perfect for baby rooms and furniture.
- No VOC and reduces odor.
- Improves indoor air quality.
- Easily washable.
- Certified with Indoor Air Quality and GreenGuard certified for schools and children.
- Stops the growth of molds and mildew.
This article helps to choose best paints for your children’s room and furniture. It does not contain any chemicals that are harmful to children. If you have any queries please leave in the comment area.