Breastfeeding is one the most extraordinary experiences for all mothers. It can be also one of the most frustrating things and all new mothers face some embarrassing moment once they gave birth to a baby. Because often the breasts will start to leak that will be most inconvenient for them.
Using Nursing Pads
If you are a breastfeeding mother, surely you will be facing the embarrassment about the leakage of milk. They can ruin clothes and destroy first-rate materials. It is the most suggested thing to use nursing pads if you want an escape from the awkward feeling and those who want to protect your cloth. You can fix these pads inside your bra and they can absorb any milk leaks from your breast. Leaving a pad for a long time can lead more leaking or infection.
There are two types of Nursing Pads used for these problems that are washable and disposable pads. Both can work well.
The fabric of disposable nursing pads is not soft as washable pads and also not thick, which makes some women feel comfortable to wear this.
- There will be a plastic lining on the outside of disposable pads, helps to prevent leaks even if the pad is full of milk.
- You may use two or three 60-count boxes a month.
- It seems to be more expensive than you cannot use it again.
- It will be more convenient if you are planning to go out for a day and there is no need to carry a plastic bag to store your used washable pads since it is disposable.
Assets of using Disposable Pads
Best Disposable Nursing Pads
Medela Disposable Nursing Pads ($12.99)
It is best nursing pads for heavy leaking. This nursing pad is made up of cotton, nylon and a polymer that can be said as a great absorber.
- This product is having double sticking tape to stick the pad in the same place throughout the day.
- It is distinctively encased to place inside the purse.
- The material of this product is absorptive and it helps to keep up dryness and comforts all moms who use it.
Pros and cons
- It is very low in cost than other disposable pads.
- Depends on it is size, it ingests a lot of leaking milk.
- It will be silhouette fit for women who have bigger breasts.
- The thickness of pads in this brand makes it visible through clothes.
- The pricks in every individual packet are hard to open and won’t allow for easy ripping.
Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads ($6.00)
It is a best-selling product. Best to use for both day and night since it absorbs the leaking milk very well and quickly. Quilted with honeycomb lining which helps to remove the leaks away from the skin and dries the nipple.
- It is manufactured with a curve to form breasts better.
- Uses breathable waterproof lining that hampers the leak.
- There is a sticking tape to keep the pad to do not move inside the bra.
Pros and Cons
- It is very smooth shape under the cloth.
- This won’t affect sore nipples since it is soft.
- It can be kept in the purse safely without any damage.
- This nursing pad is not recyclable that it cannot be reused.
- It may create some skin complaints like itchiness.
Ameda Disposable Nursing Pads ($8.78)
- It fits well inside your inner cloth. Triangular in its shape.
- This brand absorbs well and it will be comfortable.
- There are no sticky tapes to hold it inside your inner cloth.
- It seems to be well enough option for overnight use if you are not much bothered about its moving around.
Johnson’s Nursing Pads ($21.60)
It is the highest rated disposable pad.
- This brand of nursing pad absorbs well the leaking milk
- There is a sticky tape to maintain it at the same pace
- It has exclusive contour shape
Pros and Cons
- Made of soft material
- Not wrapped individually
- It seems very expensive
- Pads in this brand are very thick.
Drawbacks of disposable Pads
- Cost – It is very expensive over the period which you are breastfeeding.
- As a product of a plastic- disposable pads is made of plastics that won’t be more comfortable against your skin for a long time.
- These will leads to fungal and bacterial infections due to the moist conditions.
- Since it is a man-made product be very concern if you have sensitive or irritable skin.it may cause itchiness.
Many women choose reusable nursing pads since they have a concern about expenses and environment. These nursing pads are made of absorbent fabric or silicone, natural fibers such as cotton or bamboo that can be washed and used again. Using this washable pads is seems to be equal to using napkins for babies.
- Washable pads don’t prevent you like disposable pads unless you move to another pad.
- You need several pairs of washable because you cannot do laundry every day.
- Normally these are bulkier and thicker than disposable pads. So when you are wearing the shirt it will be awkward to find the trace of pads throughout the shirt.
Assets of Washable Pads
- It is a natural product
- Has a quality of long-lasting
- It is a Chemical free product
- Low in cost
- Very comfortable and breathable
- Pollution free.
Baby Zeli’s Organic Bamboo Nursing Pads ($12.50)
- This pads can be washed in machine
- It comes up with a laundry bag
- They are made to be capable of remaining unchanged when it goes through dryer and no need to wait for air dry
- There are an accessible variety of colors like yellow, white, cream, pink and gray.
- Since it is made of organic materials, it is hypoallergenic that is not likely to cause an allergic reaction.
- It is added to a waterproof layer which helps prevent leaks.
- The squishy bamboo material feels breathable to wear.
Pros and Cons
- The abiding quality of this pads holds up them well even after manifold machine washes.
- They never make you feel like chunky when you are wearing it.
- It is very compassionate on sensitive skin.
Bamboobies Super-soft Washable Nursing Pads ($24.99)
- This brand incorporated with three duos of regular pads and three duos of overnight pads in a various soft-hued colors.
- These pads can be washed by hands but using machine and dryer is recommended.
- Pads in this brand could be assumed that it will get smoother with reciprocated washings.
- These pads don’t be visible through nearly as like as some other brands.
Pros and Cons
- Pads in this pack are not bulky but it absorbs well
- It will stay inside your inner cloth and won’t be detectable through tighter shirts
- More pricey than other brands
- These pads won’t be fit for women who have big breast.
EcoNursingPads Washable Organic Nursing Pads ($13.79)
It is made of organic bamboo. This brand is consists of two various types of pads;
– thicker round pads for night-time protects heavier leaks
– heart-shaped thinner pads for lighter times. This pack contains 5-pairs
- Pads in this packs are hypoallergenic
- It comes with a storage pack
- There are four colors in multi-pack
- It can be washed in machine and dryer friendly
- There is no laundry bag in this bag
Pros and Cons
- One can use it directly out of the pack rather washing them first
- It will be well enough for women with fuller-sized breasts
- There won’t be any cluster with repeated washing
- It could be visible through clothes
- It is less in the quality of absorbent than other brands
Mother-Ease Cloth Nursing Pads ($20.70)
These are the pads large in size and so ingests a lot of milk before it will marinate through. It is accessible in three various fibers including organic cotton terry, bamboo terry or cotton terry a Stay Dry Layer
- It is very absorbent
- Since it is large in size, can hold more amount of milk leaks
- It is recommended to wash these pads in a machine
Lilypadz Reusable Silicone Nursing Pad ($37.95)
If you are very attentive to this milk leaks, then lilypadz are the best option. It is very thinner than other product pads. These won’t be visible through the cloth.
- By giving some pressure to the nipple, they will work to hold in any leaks
- It is best to use when you are swimming
- Very expensive
- Pads in this pack is not well enough for disproportionate leaking
Utilizing the benefits of both disposable and reusable pads can help you to get out of your embarrassment caused by milk leaks on your breast. Do experiment a little with your better life. You can use both types of pads according to your need of it. If you have any suggestion for this article, you are most welcomed to express it via comment.