Essential oils can be used to heal dogs. They are aromatic, naturally occurring chemical component of the plant, which is extracted by distillation. They are generally used by the human, they can also be used on pets to protect them from a various disease like flea infestations, arthritis, motion sickness and more. So today in this article I have listed out some essential oils that can be used for dogs. And how to use those essential oils on your pet.
Essential Oils for Dogs:
There are several essential oil types that can be used on your dogs. But here I have listed only the most important essential oils for your dog. Rather than the rest essential oil, you can use these to protect your dog and to improve your dog’s health.
How to buy the right Essential oil for dogs?
Essential oils are highly costly. As much as they are costly, they will be good for their quality too. So check all the possible details before buying any type of essential oils. Check their extraction details, whether they are organic or wild harvest, How much percentage that oil is diluted. And make sure that you see that oil is 100% pure essential oil. Please avoid buying cheap essential oils. Because cheap oils will be low in quality. Don’t buy essential oils at the supermarket. Because they will be cheap and there is no guarantee of quality.
Best Essential oil for Dogs:
- Good for soothing the central nervous system.
- Antispasmodic, nerve-calming, analgesic
- Effective for relief of muscle pains, teething pain, cramps.
2. Lavender oil
- It has the antibacterial capability and has anti-itching property.
- It is gentle and very safe and it also used for nerve calming.
- It is useful for skin ailments like skin irritation and first aid.
3. Niaouli oil
- It is well known for its Antihistaminic property.
- It has powerful anti-bacterial property.
- It is a good oil to treat ear infections.
- It can also be used to treat skin infections caused by allergies.
4. Peppermint oil
- It has good antispasmodic property and it stimulates circulation.
- It is the best choice for insect repellent property.
- It is good to treat arthritis, sprains, and dysplasia.
- It is also used for nerve calming.
5. Eucalyptus oil
- It is anti-inflammatory oil.
- It is an expectorant and provides good relief for chest congestion.
- It is very effective in repelling flea.
All the above oils are the most important oils that you should have in your home to treat your dogs. You can also use Ginger oil, Helichrysum oil, Marjoram oil, Geranium oil etc.
How to use an essential oil on dogs????
- Apply those essential oils on their spine, ears and on toes of the dogs.
- Avoid using them on eyes, nose and genital areas.
- If you wish to ingest essential oil, you must check whether the oil is hundred percent pure.
- Then fill the essential oil in an empty gel capsule and put the capsule in your dog’s food.
- But only fill one drop of essential oil in the capsule more than that is not good for your dog’s health.
Still, you can use Essential oil for following benefits:
You can them for the following benefits.
Natural insect repellent – As I have said earlier Essential oils like chamomile oil and eucalyptus oil can be used as natural insect repellent.
Respiratory Support – When you use eucalyptus oil it can be a good respiratory agent. It produces good breathe feel in your dogs’ respiratory system.
Digestive Support – Motion sickness can be avoided by using this essential oils.
Skin Care – Apply the essential oil externally on the dog’s fur, can produce non-itchy feeling.
Immune Support for Environmental & Seasonal Threats
It produces good resisting capacity during windy days and during snowfall too.
Joint and Muscle Support – It produces a good and soothing effect on your dog’s joint and muscle when you massage it in its body.
Brain and Mood Function – It gives you refreshing feel when you make massage on dog’s body.
Promoting healthy cell growth
Periodic usage of essential oil helps to make good and healthy cell growth.
Using directions and essential oils specifications, you can buy best essential oil for your pet. And using these essential oils you can heal your dogs.