What is Cough?
A cough is one of the most common problems in human. Coughing occurs due to viral infection, common cold, flu including asthma, tuberculosis and lung cancer. Gastroesophageal may also cause a cough.
- Itchy throat
- Chest pain
How to prevent coughing
- Avoid contact with a person who is sick
- Cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze or a cough.
- Clean your common areas in the home including your mobile phones, toys etc.
- Wash your hands frequently after coughing, eating, going to the bathroom or caring for someone who is sick.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Blow your nose gently ie.press a finger over one nostril and blow gently to clear the other.
- Breath some steam in to loosen up your stuffy nose and also you can relief using humidifier in your bedroom
- Dissolve half teaspoon of salt with a small amount of warm water and gargle
- You must stay calm and rest because it helps your body direct its energy to fight off the infection.
- You can use a small dab under your nose, it helps to open up breathing passages.
- Take a washcloth and heat it for 30 seconds in a microwave and then check whether it is right for your temperature
- Saline water or Salt water rinse
- Take 3 tsp of iodine free salt and 1 tsp of baking soda and mix it.
- Place in an airtight container.
- Add 1 tsp of this mixture to a very little amount of lukewarm boiled or distilled water.
- Fill a bulb syringe with this solution or use a neti pot.
Directions: Lean your head over a basin and then gently squirt the salt water into your nose.Hold one nostril closed and then apply a slight pressure when squirting the mixture in the other nostril.
- Drink hot drinks
- Make a cup of hot herbal tea
- Take 1 tsp of honey and a little amount of whiskey or bourbon(Only for adults)
Note: the Very large amount of alcohol is not good for health.
- Take a little amount of water and then add 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 tsp of black pepper(also you can add cinnamon sticks if needed)
- Boil this for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and drink it 4 times a day.
- Make a herbal tea using 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 tsp of carom seeds to a water.
- Boil it until water reduces to half amount.
- Add some honey and drink it 3 times per day.
- Roast the turmeric and grind it to a smooth powder
- Mix it with water and honey and drink it twice a day.
Ginger is one of the healthiest spices and a folk medicine.
- Make ginger into small slices and then crush it
- Add some water and boil it
- You can also add some honey and lemon to it.
- Drink it 4 times per day.
Note: Also you can Chew fresh raw ginger throughout the day to reduce a cough.
- Cures your sore throat
- Non-stop congestion
Lemon helps to reduce inflammation and provide a dose of infection-fighting vitamin C
Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey and then drink it.
Also, you can blend lemon juice with a little honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper and drink it.
Garlic is an antibacterial and antimicrobial component to cure a cough
- Take 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and boil it with a cup of water and then add a tsp of oregano
- Allow it to cool and then add some honey and drink it
Note: This helps you to breath and alleviate other cough symptoms
- Take a clove of garlic and crush it
- Add some honey and few drops of clove oil and eat it.
Onion is one of the simplest home remedies for a cough. Breathing the vapors of onion helps to stop coughing
Make a cough syrup using baked onion juice, comfrey tea, and honey then drink daily
- Mix one-half tsp of onion juice and 1 tsp of honey.
- Swallow it twice a day to alleviate a cough and soothe your throat.
- Hot milk with honey
- Hot milk with honey reliefs your dry cough and reduce chest pain. For a better result, drink it before going to bed.
- Swallow a tsp of honey in an empty stomach.
- Clear the mucus
- Soothe the throat.
What is Cold?
A common cold is a virus or viruses over 200 that attaches itself to mucous membranes of the nose and throat
- Sore throat
- Mild fatigue
- Hot ginger tea
- 6-8 tsp of grated ginger root
- A squirt of lemon juice(optional)
- A pinch of cinnamon(optional)
- 4 cups of boiled water
- Dash of honey(optional)
- A glass jar.
- Take a ginger in 1-quart glass and sprinkle some cinnamon
- Take water to the rolling boil and then pour it into the jar to cover ginger
- Soak for about 30-40 minutes and cover your jar
- Reheat it slightly
- Add honey and lemon and then drink
- Breath in the steam
Note: You can store the rest of the tea in fridge and reheat it and drink for twice a day
- Simple syrup
- 1 tbsp of licorice root
- 1 tbsp of marshmallow root
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon or 6 cinnamon sticks.
- 4 cups of Water
- 1 cup of honey
- Glass jar with a sealing lid
- Take a saucepan and then add cinnamon, ginger and all herbs along with water
- In a low heat allow it to reduce to half
- Then strain the herbs out and pour liquid into a pot
- In a low heat stir it in honey and settle for about 10 minutes
- Take out from the heat and label the date
- Take a maximum of 1-2 tbsp 3 times daily
Note: You can keep it in a refrigerator for about 3-4 weeks.