Fleas are bothersome to humans as well as pet. But it is very dangerous as it carry diseases. If they are untreated, they may cause tapeworm infestations, anemia, and severe allergic problems. Flea attack should be treated to avoid scratching, hot spots, itching. As commercial flea treatments are very toxic, it is the time to turn back to the natural approach to get rid of fleas. Though it may not work quickly they are very effective in many cases.
Keeping these flea problems in mind i have created some home remedies. So in this post I have given my own methods to get rid of fleas. Then what else? these steps are simple and it can be done by using available materials in your home…..
Here’s how effectively to get rid of fleas by nontoxic home remedies:
Method 1: Vinegar spray
- White Vinegar
- Take water and white vinegar in 1:1 ratio and mix it well.
- Then pour it in a spray bottle.
- Using this mixture, spray it on your pet.
How to use?: Spray it on your pet. As both vinegar and water is in same ratio it will not have any side effects on your pet.
Method 2: Lemon based remedy
- 2 Lemons
- Boiling water
- Boil the water in a pan. Drop the juice in the boiling water.
- Wait for 2-3 hrs. Then pour the liquid in the spray bottle.
How to use?: Spray the mixture on your pet. Repeat this every week until all the fleas vanishes. But kindly make sure that your favorite cat’s skin is not sensitive to this mixture. If the skin is sensitive then it may cause redness and discomfort.
Method 3: Spices
- Oregano oil
- Olive oil
- Cotton ball
- Mix one teaspoon of oregano oil and olive oil in 1:3 ratio respectively.
- Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture to the cat’s neck, ears, stomach and tail as fleas mainly concentrates on these areas to congregate.
How to use?: Use super fine toothed comb while applying this. Try to bath your pets regularly. And apply this continuously. This may consume much amount of time but it is more effective.
Method 4: Soapy Water flea trap
- Warm Water
- Dish soap
- A Night light
- A yogurt lid
- Pour yogurt lid with warm water and mix well with some drops of dish soap.
- Place the lid under a night light.
How to use ?: Repeat this process every night and check the trap every morning. This works well and helps to get the flea under control.
Method 5: Apple Cider Vinegar Spray
- Mix apple Cider vinegar with shampoo in 2:1 ratio.
- Fill the Spray bottle with the mixture.
- Spray it on the pet and let it sit for few minutes.(may be 5- 10 minutes)
- Use comb and clean the pet by bathing.
How to use?: Spray the solution on your pet. Fleas hate the spell of this mixture. Thereby they stay away from your pet.
Method 6: Table Salt
Table salt also helps us to get rid of these flea here I have given you the steps to use it.
How to use?:
- Sprinkle the salt on the carpets.
- Three days later, use vacuum to clean the carpet.
- Three weeks later, reapply salt and vacuum again.
Blogger’s Suggestion: And last but not least as the person who get affected by these flea,I would recommend you to keep your home clean and tidy. May be practically keeping our home always may not be possible but still rather than doing extra work for these flea and other problems it is better to put extra care on our home.