A sore throat is common for all during a winter season. It gives you some irritation, pain, and tensed feeling. This page enables you with some natural home remedies which heal your sore throat for sure.
A sore throat is at risk for some people. It includes:
- Smoking people
- People with allergies
- People with an immune disorder.
- Painful sensation in the throat.
- Painful while swallowing.
- White patches on the tonsils.
- Hoarse voice.
- Swollen and red tonsils.
- Difficult to open your mouth.
- Blood in saliva or phlegm.
- Runny nose
- Body aches and headache
Gargling is one of the best things to do while you have a sore throat. This makes you feel relieved from a sore throat. This should be done frequently at least 2 hours once. There are different types remedies applied while gargling.
Step 1: Salt and water
This helps to get rid of burning sensation in your throat.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of salt in 1 cup of warm water.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon of Listerine which kills germs.
- Cold water is ineffective for this treatment.
- Always gargle with fresh solution.
- Don’t swallow the water.
Step 2: Lemon and water
Making: Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with water.
This helps to cure swollen tissues in your throat and get rid of viruses and bacteria.
Step 3: Ginger, honey, and lemon with water
- Take 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger and honey.
- Mix it with ½ cup of hot water and squeeze the lemon.
- Then gargle with the solution.
Honey and ginger help to control the bacteria in the throat. Honey has antibacterial properties.
Note: You can also make tea from these natural elements.
Step 4: Apple cider vinegar and salt
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt to add it in the warm water.
- Mix ¼ cup apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup honey and take 1 tablespoon every hour.
Step 5: Licorice water
Licorice root is naturally a sweet herb which can be used for a different health problem. It is used to get rid of a sore throat as well.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of licorice powder or syrup with 8 ounces of water and gargle it.
- You can also make tea out of licorice root.
- Brew licorice root or mix a pinch of licorice powder with your tea to get sore soothing tea.
Note: Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid this method.
Step 6: Echinacea and water
Echinacea is a herb for the killing virus. It gives relief from a sore throat and boosts the immune system.
Add 2 teaspoon of echinacea medicine with 1 cup of water and gargle well.
Note: Gargle thrice a day.
Step 7: Raspberry tea
Raspberry tea is one of the oldest methods from flu to different diseases.
- Add 2 teaspoons of raspberry tea leaves into 1 cup of boiled water.
- Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Strain the tea and leave it to cool.
- Gargle after it is cold.
Step 8: Peppermint
Peppermint contains menthol which helps to get rid of sore throats and cough. Peppermint oil spray helps to solve sore throat problems. It is possessing anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties which help in healing.
Step 9: Fenugreek
Fenugreek is one of the best home remedies for a sore throat. Fenugreek tea is good for a sore throat.
It kills bacteria with creates irritation. Fenugreek is an effective anti fungal.
- Soak fenugreek seeds for half an hour and eat those seeds along with the soaked water.
- You can also take fenugreek leaves twice or thrice a month.
- Make a tea out of fenugreek seeds.
Note: Pregnant women avoid this method.
Step 10: Cayenne Pepper or Hot Sauce
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin it works as a pain receptor.
- Mix the sauce with warm water and honey.
- Add only a few drops of hot sauce or cayenne as it has a burning sensation.
- Don’t use hot sauce if you have an open sore in your mouth.
- The initial burning sensation is common.
Suggestions: For consuming
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of black pepper and turmeric powder with 1 cup of warm milk.
- Mix ½ teaspoon powdered black pepper with 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix mint juice with honey.
A sore throat is common in the winter season and these 9 steps give you simple home remedies which are easy and curable.