A weed is a plant considered undesirable in a garden. A herbaceous plant not valued for use or beauty grown wild and hindering the growth of superior vegetation. An unprofitable, trouble some plants. The weed plants interfere with the food and fiber production in agriculture, they must be controlled in order to lose and diminished crop yield. We discuss some homemade remedies and natural weed killers in this post.
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
We can mix a gallon of water and 10% of vinegar along with 2-4 oz orange oil and one tablespoon liquid soap. We can spray this mixture on the weed, using a sprayer.
- 2 cups molasses
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp of chilli pepper
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- Orange oil
We can mix two cups of molasses and two cups sugar along with one tablespoon chilli pepper and two tablespoons of garlic powder and put around the base of the weeds. We can also mix the orange oil and one cup vinegar into the dried mix and it gives bad odour.
We can mix a cup of salt in a whole gallon of white vinegar and fill it in a weed sprayer. Spray it on the weeds we can see them killed completely in about 48 hours. We can use them weekly. If we do not want this mixture on all the area, have a small paintbrush and paint the mixture on the unwanted weeds. Though time consuming effect will be good.
- 1 gallon of white vinegar
- One cup of salt
- 2 TBSP blue dawn
We mix a gallon of white vinegar, one cup of salt and two tbsp of blue dawn. Fill it in the sprayer and spray it in the areas to kill weed.
- 1 tbsp rubbing alcohol
- One quart water
- A sprayer
We can fill the sprayer with one quart water and add one tablespoon rubbing alcohol with it and spray in the weeds. We must make sure that we use it on unwanted.
Hot and spicy weed killer
Weed Killer #1
We can pour the boiling water used for boiling shrimp or crab or crawfish. We can use the leftover boiled water to kill weeds.
Weed Killer #2
We can take cajun pepper, hot sauce, vinegar and add it into water, bring it into boiling. We can pour it in places where weeds are to be killed. We can even add leftover pickle juice, jalapeño juice to this mixture.
Weed killer #3
We can even pour hot water to kill weeds. The boiling hot water kills all types of weeds.
Natural weed killer Dandelions
Weed Killer 1
We can spray straight vinegar in the center of each plant and the plant dies in two weeks. We have to spray in the center of the plant to eliminate it completely.
Weed killer 2
Fill the spray bottle with vodka and add a little drops of little dish liquid and spray it on Dandelions weeds to kill them.
Some important things to be noted and used in weed killing
- Use only regular salt. Epsom salt is actually plant food
- Use pickling vinegar, instead of white or malt vinegar since it contains 7% acetic acid while others have only 5% of acetic acid.
- Weeds that is present in the sun dies faster than that are found in shades
- Vinegar without soap oil gives very good effect for vinegar. But soap oil alone is not a weed killer, it only increases the performance of the vinegar.
- We can even pull the weeds often, to make plugging easy water the area or we can pull them after a rainstorm. We can also use knife or screw driver to loosen the soil near the roots.
- Cover low growing weeds like crabgrass, clever with some layers of newspaper to eliminate sunlight and control weed growth.
- We can sprinkle some rock salt in garden which will stop weed growth completely.
- We can plant all our garden with lots of plants to cover the ground with garden crops that will naturally stop weed growth.
- We can eat some weeds like young greens of Dandelions, dock and chicory either fresh or cooked. We have to be confident with the leaves if we doubt it for a poisonous it is better we avoid.
- Vinegar mixed with salt, water, dish wash liquid soap in different combination acts as weed killer with different proportion.
- We can use mulch cover technique in our garden to prevent weeds. A mulch is a layer of material applied on the surface of an area of soil to reduce weed growth and other purpose is to improve fertility and health of soil.
- We must spray all sprayers of weed killer in the leaves and very base part of the plant.
- Baking soda like salt can kill the weeds when spread in their areas. We can also add water to baking soda and make a mixture to pour it on weeds they reach roots if diluted.
- We can use corn gluten meal after killing weeds because it stops new weeds and also it is a fertilizer for our yards.