Making your own natural cleaner is free from chemicals and toxic materials. The good thing is they are very cheap, easy to prepare and use. I have also experienced with all types of homemade natural cleaning recipe and found good streak free cleaner than the conventional cleaners. In this article, I am going to list you the 3 best homemade glass and window cleaners.
Use of Preparing Natural Glass and Window Cleaner on your own
Avoid toxic materials – when you buy a conventional cleaner from the market, you will be having sevral chemical toxins like ammonium hydroxide, Viden-EGM, propylene glycol, Mirapol Surf (S-210), Hexoxyethanol and so on. With this they add Fragrance and other contaminations.
Prepare your own streak free cleaner at cheap rate – by making your own cleaner you can save more money.
- Vinegar – For 32oz you need, $0.4
- Rubbing Alcohol – For half cup you need, $0.5
- Corn Starch – for 1 tablespoon you need, $0.4
So, you need only $.33 to $.35 in total for preparing 3 cups of Glass cleaner solution.
Best 5 Homemade Glass and window cleaner recipe
1.Vinegar Mandarin Peppermint Spray
- Take a spray bottle with capacity of 12 oz and pour the solution.
- Shake well before use to mix the solution and to prevent streaks. Spray the solution onto the glass window and wipe clean.
- Use cotton cloth or a newspaper to clean your window. It works well.
2. Cornstarch and Vinegar Spray
- 1 Tsp. – Cornstarch
- 2 cups – warm water
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
Combine everything into a 10 oz. spray bottle. Shake well to avoid clot at the bottle’s nozzle. Spray the solution on the glass surface and wipe using a newspaper. Your windows will shine now…
3. Ammonia – Isopropyl Spray
- 2 Tbsp. – Ammonia
- 1/4 cup rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol
- Half tsp. – liquid dish soap
- Take a Gallon Jar. Combine all the ingredients well in the jar.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the spray bottle add the solution in it.
- Spray and clean the glass windows.
4. Potato Wipe
- 2 – Potato and Clean cloth
Cut potatoes, wipe it directly on the glass or window. It leaves you white starch on the surface. After few minutes, clean it using a clean cloth.
5. Vinegar blend
- 3-5 drops – Vinegar
- Water (optional)
Take a newspaper and pour few drops of vinegar in it. Clean the glass by dabbing it.
Tips for making Window cleaner in home:
- Use Newspaper or clean cotton cloth to wipe clean. By this your window shines!!! Also use micro fibre cloth.
- Before each cleaning, shake the spray bottle. Otherwise, starches used in the mix may clot your spray nozzle.
- Starches such as tapioca, arrow root will work better than corn. If you have any problem in using corn starch, try these starches
- Swab using lemon, orange to get cut the vinegar smell
- Differentiate the bottle from the other by adding natural or artificial food coloring. I will prefer beetroot juice (inexpensive natural-colouring)