Dust mites are tiny microscopic relatives of spider and live on mattresses, bed, upholstered furniture, carpets and curtains. Dust mites are insects that fed on dead skin of humans. Dandruff, dead skin and hair are its target. Dust mites are responsible for some kinds of respiratory and dermatological allergies. We also realize that the allergies seen in skin of human are due to the proteins found in waste products of dust mites.
Diseases caused by dust mites
Allergy is most common and there are list of diseases caused by the feces of dust mites namely, stuffy nose, asthma, skin rash, itchy eyes, wheezing and itchy nose, itchy skin, running nose and many other allergies.
The above said diseases are the symptoms that dust mites present in our living area. Especially we should check our bedroom. Scabies is a skin condition caused by an infestation of the human itch mite which burrow into the skin and cause symptoms of itching and rash.
Physical characteristics of dust mites
- Less than half mm in length and can be seen through microscopic device only.
- Oval shaped body
- Light colored body with fine strips
- Life Span 2 months depending on the condition.
- Dust Mites do not have wings and cannot fly.
Raycop anti allergy bed vac
Raycop is Vacuum cleaner for dust mites and their feces. This extraordinary Vacuum cleaner sucks them with their cartridge filter. When we find millions of dust mites this would be a good choice. In conference halls and office we find carpets with such dust mites and our bed is also their residing place.Using this Vacuum cleaner would reduce the symptoms and allergy of dust mites and feeling of its bites.
Dust Mite controller
Dust Mite controller is a powerful device disrupts feeding and reproduction of dust mites by emitting ultrasonic sounds. This product kills them, decrease them and prevent allergies symptoms caused by them.
Remedies for dust mites prevention
- Keeping clean house by vacuuming, washing ,dusting storage places may help.
- Wash and flip the bed and pillow regularly, if possible expose them to sunlight.
- Rooms should be well ventilated and dry house.
- Washing bed sheets, comforters, pillow covers and other bedroom clothes with warm water is best.
- Dust mites controlling pillow cases available in market, we can also collect them and cover our mattress and pillows
- If we have stuffed toys, freezing them in freezer and washing and drying would help clean dust mites on them.
- We can use dehumidifier or air conditioner to maintain relative humidity.
- It is better to wear a mask while vacuuming home and flipping mattress, pillows to avoid inhaling allergens.
- Select Vacuum cleaner that has double layered microfilter bag or HEPA filters to trap allergens.
- Replacing wool or feathered material bed with synthetic materials.
- We can use damp mopping or rag to remove dust mites. Using dry cloth may just increase the reaction of the allergens.
- Non washable materials can be frozen overnight to kill dust mites.