Do you know the difference between Merrick and Taste of the Wild Dog Food…? The debate about which dog food is better for dogs, the real comparison, and the pros and cons of both dog food can be clearly understood with this article. Come let’s check out…!
About Merrick Dog Food
Merrick is a top-level pet food brand that contains human-grade ingredients. The recipes of this brand are produced from 5-star kitchens and plants in Hereford, Texas. This dog food brand aims to offer a simplistic, innovative selection of all-natural dog food recipes with the formulas of corn-free, grain-free, and soy-free.
Recently, Merrick has introduced a new variety of Grain-Free food called Lil’ Plates which is specially formulated for toy and small breed dogs. The Lil’ Plates line of the Merrick formula is generally high quality with a 5-star rating. Merrick food recipes have no dairy, eggs, artificial colors/preservatives, and no gluten. It makes it perfect for dogs that suffer from allergies and food sensitivities.
Merrick deals with four lines of products such as Backcountry, Classic with Ancient Grains, Limited Ingredient Diet, and Grain-free.
This brand prides itself on offering good and high-quality nutrition to your dogs and most dog owners consider Merrick as a trusted brand that provides qualified foods.
5 Best Merrick Dog Food Reviews:
- Merrick Grain-Free Real Chicken and Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food provides balanced nutrition with real whole foods sourced from local farmers.
- This food is perfect for all breeds in all life stages to support the health of dogs.
- The ingredients added to this food include deboned chicken, omega, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas, apples and blueberries, and more.
- Merrick Grain-Free Healthy Weight Dry Dog Food helps your dog to maintain a healthy weight by providing balanced nutrition.
- Only an optimum level of protein and fiber content is added to this recipe.
- This food is produced mainly for adult dogs of any breed and size.
- The ingredients added to this food are deboned beef, chicken meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas, potato protein, Turkey meal, apples, blueberries, yeast culture, and more.
- Merrick Lil’ Plates Grain-Free Real Chicken + Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food is specially formulated for small breed dogs.
- The ingredients added to this food are real meat, fish, nutritious meal, apples, sweet potatoes, peas, blueberries, and more.
- This dog food is manufactured using the world’s locally sourced ingredients from farmers, with no ingredients from China.
- Merrick Classic Real Beef + Green Peas Recipe with Ancient Grains Dry Dog Food provides natural nutrition from a wholesome balance of whole grains, protein, fruits, vegetables, and ancient grains like quinoa are added in it.
- As this dog food contains Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids, it helps your dog to get healthy skin and coat.
- Merrick Grain-Free Real Chicken & Sweet Potato Puppy Dry Dog Food provides healthy fats and quality protein for all dogs’ puppies.
- The ingredients added to this food include deboned chicken, chicken meal, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruits and vegetables, and more.
- This food is made in Merrick’s own kitchen and it is tested for quality and safety.
A few years ago the FDA conducted routine testing of Merrick Beef Filet Squares and founded the possibility of Salmonella contamination. Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, vomiting, abdominal pain. Therefore, protect your pet from the contaminated food.
Merrick said consumers should safely dispose of these products in a covered trash receptacle.
About Taste of the Wild Dog Food
Taste of the Wild Dog Food provides a wide variety of quality wet and dry food options and it emphasizes better taste, natural antioxidants, and high digestible energy to support overall health. Taste of the Wild is made by Diamond Pet Foods, a U.S based pet food manufacturer.
Each kg of Taste of the Wild provides 220 million live, active cultures that support healthy digestion and help your dog to maintain an active lifestyle. The ingredients added to Taste of the Wild food products undergo safety and quality checks to ensure maximum quality.
Taste of the Wild produces food in seven different formulas all of which come in both dry and canned categories. Some of these formulas also have a puppy version as well as an adult version.
5 Best Taste of the Wild Dog food Reviews
- Taste of the Wild High Prairie Formula provides your dog a balanced diet formulated with novel proteins which include bison, roasted venison, and beef.
- This food delivers highly digestible energy to your dogs along with natural antioxidants from fruits and vegetables and dried chicory root.
- Taste of the Wild Sierra Mountain Formula gives your dog a healthy lifestyle and digestible energy.
- The lamb protein, the grain-free formula provides your dog with nutrition for optimal health and vitality.
- Taste of the Wild Wetlands Formula is a hearty and nutritious meal for dogs of all breeds.
- The ingredients added to this formula include peas, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables, dried chicory root, and more.
- Appalachian Valley Small Breed Canine Formula provides your dog a balanced diet formulated with novel proteins includes real venison, lamb, egg, duck, ocean fish proteins, fruits, vegetables, and more.
- Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream Puppy Formula gives excellent nutrition and digestible energy to your puppies.
- This food formula contains high-quality and nutritious Salmon ingredients, including salmon, salmon meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, peas, and more.
In 2012, Taste of the Wild has been recalled for the possibility of Salmonella Contamination. Dogs that consume the Salmonella bacteria will be infected from diseases like decreased appetite, fever, and abdominal pain. If left untreated then your dogs will be affected by diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting.
Merrick Vs Taste of the Wild
Both Merrick and Taste of the Wild use Canola oil and Pea Protein for most of their food products.
Some of the controversial ingredients used only by Merrick are listed below:
- Meaty Femur Bone
- Caramel Color
- Powdered Cellulose
- Canola Oil (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols
The controversial ingredients used only by Taste of the Wild are:
- Tomato Pomace
- Merrick has been recalled 5 times for the possibility of Salmonella contamination.
- Taste of the Wild has been recalled once for the possibility of Salmonella Contamination.
The price of Taste of the Wild products is cheaper than Merrick.
Number of Recipes:
The number of recipes manufactured by Taste of the Wild is lower than the recipes which are manufactured by Merrick.
Hope you will get some idea of these 2 products. If you find this article useful, kindly share your experience with me through your comments below. Thank You…