Healthy benefits of green peas
Green peas contain starch and sugar with phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are nutrients that act as a shield against stomach cancer. 1 cup of green peas contains 10 mg of coumestrol, this is an easy healthy food for people. Green peas contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Peas absorb nitrogen gas from the air and converts into useful forms. It contains low fat and helps in a diet. Peas contain Alpha-linolenic acid( ALA). This acts as a healthy option for your babies.
How to make pea puree
Remove and wash the peas for its shell
Pediatricians give advice to you to feed your babies with green vegetables. Your baby’s like sweet and green peas remain as the best puree for babies.
- Choose fresh peas.
- Remove the peas and take a good look.
- Move the peas to a bowl and wash the peas with water. So the impurities get out from the peas.
Cook/steam the peas
- Take the peas in a steamer and make it cook for 3- 5 minutes.
- Leave the peas to cool/ wash the peas and drain the water completely.
Grind the peas
- Put the cooked peas in a jar/ blender and grind the peas.
- You can mash the peas and provide it to babies from 10 months.
SEE ALSO: Easy steps to make simple syrup in home
Serve the puree with yogurt and rice
- Serve the puree with vegetables/yogurt/rice to your babies.
- Sweet potatoes, carrots, mint mix well with peas puree.
Refrigerate the leftovers
Store the leftover puree in a refrigerator for up to 3 days.